Friday, September 19, 2003

Days After

Right from the first night I've been here, I wanted to jam my blog with lots of experiences I'd been through and things I sow. Yet, I was unlucky enough to find there were problems with accessing the net on my arrival. Fortunately, the silent spell was finally broken today, and the net started 'speaking' to us once more. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to recollect and collect all what I've been through during this very short yet rich period of time here at Sharm, nor am I sure if I'll ever be able to explain the things with the same vivid detail I had experienced them with. Yet I believe not all is lost, and at least I will be able to provide a glimpse of what is happening and what has happened during the past few days at Sharm and along the way to it.

By the way, I'll be back to Cairo next Monday God willing, on a short (perhaps one-day) work assignment. To tell the truth, I do not even want to go back to Cairo next week, I would have preferred to stay at Sharm, but I must go. Anyway, I'll be back at Sharm soon God willing. Perhaps the worst thing of it all (getting back to Cairo, then returning once more to Sharm) is the 6 or 7 hour bus that takes you from Sharm to Cairo or Cairo to Sharm (Sharm to Cairo is even worse, because of the harsher security checkpoints, but more on this later; actually that was the first thing I wanted to write about in my blog from the first night).